Brownfield Site Remediation
How Earthbind® Stabilizer Works
Earthbind® Stabilizer is a liquid polymer emulsion that is applied to the excavated materials from a brownfield site. The polymer molecules cross-link with each other and with the soil particles, forming a strong and durable matrix that encapsulates the contaminants and prevents them from leaching out. Earthbind® Stabilizer also improves the engineering properties of the soil, such as strength, stability, and water resistance.
Earthbind® Stabilizer can be applied to any type of soil, regardless of the level or type of contamination. It can also be mixed with other additives, such as lime or cement, to enhance the performance of the treated soil. Earthbind® Stabilizer is non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-flammable, and biodegradable. It does not require any special handling or disposal procedures.
The Benefits of Earthbind® Stabilizer
Using Earthbind® Stabilizer for brownfield site remediation has many advantages over conventional methods, such as hauling off and hauling back on materials. Some of these benefits are:
- Cost savings: Earthbind® Stabilizer reduces the cost of remediation by up to 90%, as it eliminates the need for transporting and disposing of contaminated materials, and importing and placing new materials.
- Time savings: Earthbind® Stabilizer reduces the time of remediation by up to 80%, as it allows for faster and easier processing and placement of the treated materials. It also reduces the downtime and disruption caused by traffic and noise from trucks and machinery.
- Environmental benefits: Earthbind® Stabilizer reduces the environmental impact of remediation by minimizing the greenhouse gas emissions and fuel consumption from transportation. It also reduces the risk of contaminant migration and exposure to humans and wildlife. It also preserves the natural resources by reusing the existing materials instead of depleting new ones.
How to Use Earthbind® Stabilizer for Brownfield Site Remediation
The process of using Earthbind® Stabilizer for brownfield site remediation is simple and straightforward. Here are the steps:
- Excavate the site to the desired depth for building construction or light duty use.
- Onsite crusher to reduce the excavated materials to a 1” minus.
- Stockpile or direct load into our computerized pug mill mixer, injecting Earthbind® Stabilizer into the materials.
- Using a Visqueen barrier at the bottom of the excavation will assist in enclosing the building pad materials.
- Convey the mixed materials to onsite trucks, either run the materials through a paving machine or direct placement for 6”-10” lifts for grading and compaction.
ECONOMICS OF EARTHBIND® VERSES HAUL OFF AND HAUL BACK ON MATERIALS
|Scenario||Tons||Cost per ton||Total cost|
|Haul off contaminated materials||45,000||$300.00||$13,500,000|
|Haul back usable materials||45,000||$30.00||$1,350,000|
|Total cost of conventional method||$14,850,000|
|Process with Earthbind® Stabilizer||45,000||$30.00||$1,350,000|
|Total cost of Earthbind® Stabilizer method||$1,350,000|
Contact Us Today
If you are interested in learning more about Earthbind® Stabilizer and how it can help you with your brownfield site remediation project, contact us today.
Don’t let your brownfield site sit idle and waste valuable space and money. Turn it into a productive and profitable land with Earthbind® Stabilizer. Contact us today and let us help you with your brownfield site remediation needs.